Beth Burnett's Reviews > Sandman

Sandman by Tammy Bird

I should note first that I don't normally read thrillers. I read this one because I heard the author read a five-minute snippet from this book at a reading and it was visceral enough to make me want to check out the book. Once I was in, I was deeply in. The characters are well-rounded and interesting with their individual foibles and their real human conversations. I love how the author delved into the psyches of the different characters, especially when dealing with people who don't normally get a voice in fiction. The book gave me several gasp-out-loud moments. There were enough twists to keep it interesting and, without giving anything away, a couple of times when I was sure the author was going to do one thing and they took it another direction instead. I liked the bits of comic relief and the human stories behind the mystery. One important aspect of this book is the very real look into a character with autism - something we need more of by authors who do so with the same sensitivity, insight, and love that this author did. I look forward to more from this author.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sandman.

December 23, 2018 – Shelved