Karschtl's Reviews > The Death Collectors

The Death Collectors by Jack Kerley

Jul 05, 2008

liked it
bookshelves: read-in-2012, part_of_series, darkish

This book presented a totally new topic for a thriller. People collecting memorablia from scenes of a crime, or other 'valuable' items related to a killer and/or a killing. Strange, but yes I do believe there are quite a few of those crazy beings out there.
The case of Det. Ryder and his partner was fascinating, fast-paced and entertaining. However, somehow the character of Carson Ryder didn't leave a such great mark on me. We do learn some things about his private life and his feelings, his style and behaviour. But still I didn't got really close to him. Maybe that's going to improve in the other book I have about Det. Ryder (#3 in the series, unfortunately I don't have #1 since I like starting series at the very beginning).
The police detectives being forced by their boss to cooperate so closely with the press seems very unlikely in my part of the world, but I do think that such things ran a different course in the USA. So maybe it's not that unrealistic as it sounds to me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Death Collectors.