Britt Rivera's Reviews > A Game of Thrones

A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin

5206651

bookshelves: own

I can't believe how long I resisted the pull of this series. Both the books and the show have now completely drawn me in. Reading the book it is truly amazing to see how faithful they remained to the story (at least at first) and how well they adapted the story for the small screen. I feel like it took me forever to read this book, mostly because of the detail GRRM puts in and because I knew what was coming and how it would all end.
I am glad in some ways I was able to watch the show first because some things such as the battles and the uniforms the knights/soldiers wear are hard for me to imagine. It's also hard to imagine the characters as anyone other than the actors already portraying them; every bit of casting is masterful. I definitely want to read the rest of the series if only to hear the story from more of the characters' perspectives and to see the point where the show diverges from the series.
"Even now, he was a Stark of Winterfell, and his grief and his rage froze hard inside him."
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Game of Thrones.

January 17, 2012 – Shelved
April 12, 2015 – Started Reading
April 12, 2015 – Shelved as: own
April 14, 2015 –
page 0
0.0% ""So the mad king had ordered his last mad act. He had opened his city to the lions at the gate.""
May 22, 2015 – Finished Reading