Lilly Charysma's Reviews > Forget You

Forget You by Nina Crespo

Oh my God, you cannot even imagine how much I liked this book! I liked the characters, the story, I liked the writing, I liked how the action is fitted perfectly in the dimensions. I liked everything!

Sophie has had a major crush on her boss. But she knows very well that the success of their business relationship is due to its professional aspect. She is not willing to cross this line, especially since he often changes partners. But one evening she accompanies him at an official event and things get out of control. Problem is that after the deed is done (if you get what I mean), they cannot go back to how things were. Add to that a little amnesia (really, a real amnesia) and the story gets more interesting and more intense.

Let me tell you, the characters are really really good. You don’t see that jealous secret lover who envies every other woman that comes next to her man. No, you see a mature Sophie, looking to secure her independence, but more from an emotional point of view. She is not looking for “complicated”. She just wants a beautiful relationship, as any woman. King is a business man and he needs the success to prove to his father that he is no longer needed, that his influence has not touched him or his brother. He knows that it’s better for him to keep Sophie close from a professional point of view. Who cares about flings and one night stands? Well, we shall see….

Besides the fire burning between our main characters, we have a great relationship between brothers. While King deals with his amnesia, his brother is there to take control. When one is down, the other is there to pick him up. If one is in a hurry to close the deal, the other takes his time to analyze. I liked it. I liked how the author spent time developing the brothers, not only the couple.

So after my first encounter with Nina Crespo, I can tell you that I loved her book and her writing! You will not be disappointed at all! An interesting love story, a quick read, perfect for an evening of dreaming.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forget You.

April 13, 2018 – Started Reading