Robin's Reviews > Look Alive Twenty-Five

Look Alive Twenty-Five by Janet Evanovich

liked it

Rounded up to 3.5 stars

It's hard to give up on a mystery author I've been following since the first book but was just about ready to stop reading this series (skimmed the last 3-4 books) when I decided to give Evanovich one more try. Turns out I enjoyed this and even guffawed a few times. Sure, Stephanie is still inept and gets in her own way, and there were the usual references to Ranger and Joe's hotness and "skills," but Lula wasn't as annoying as usual and for once there were no exploding automobiles. I especially liked reading Stephanie's experiences as the newly appointed manager of the deli and the cliffhanger at the end will induce me to read the next book.

I wish I had more time to listen to books as these really are best in audio but I had a couple of fun hours reading Stephanie's latest adventures.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Look Alive Twenty-Five.

November 14, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read (Kindle Edition)
November 14, 2018 – Shelved (Kindle Edition)
December 22, 2018 – Started Reading
December 22, 2018 – Shelved
December 23, 2018 –
page 0
December 23, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Melissa Rochelle I stopped reading at 13 or 14, I think. I also think I’ll go back once I just need a quick read. It’s really hard for me to stick with a long series though. I need to know there’s an end in sight.

message 2: by Robin (new) - added it

Robin Melissa Rochelle wrote: "I stopped reading at 13 or 14, I think. I also think I’ll go back once I just need a quick read. It’s really hard for me to stick with a long series though. I need to know there’s an end in sight."

I always liked that Sue Grafton had an end in sight but so sad she didn't make it to the end. However, J.A. Jance and Marcia Muller can continue as long as they like as far as I'm concerned. :-)