Jennifer's Reviews > Queen of Babble in the Big City

Queen of Babble in the Big City by Meg Cabot

Jul 05, 2008

liked it
Recommended to Jennifer by: Kelly C.
Recommended for: anyone into vintage and/or New York fairy-tales
Read in July, 2008

Another light summer read that went down like chocolate softserve. I have to say that I'm enjoying the Lizzie Nichols character/story arc a bit more than the Heather Welles (Size 12 isn't Fat) series. Lizzie may be the Queen of Babble but she also has a talent for fashion and I like a girl with a vocation and an eye for vintage clothes (something I know NOTHING about). The book begins as Lizzie moves to New York and moves in with her boyfriend, Luke (a prince, a French prince). She soon discovers that breaking into the wedding gown restoration/vintage clothing business is much more difficult than she thought it would be. Though Lizzie is getting better at keeping the babble in her head actually in her head (and not always coming out of her mouth), she continues to get into trouble by jumping to conclusions and occassionally speaking her mind.

My only real complaint about this book was the blatant set-up for book #3 in the last few pages.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Queen of Babble in the Big City.