Madeleine's Reviews > Verity

Verity by Colleen Hoover

20603646

bookshelves: 2019-reads, kindle, absolute-favorites, x-thriller-mystery

HOLY CRAP, THIS BOOK.

This is a case of #bookstagram made me do it, and finding this book cheap on Kindle, but OH MAN am I glad I gave into the peer pressure.

The story starts when a famous author, Verity, is unable to finish her book series and our protagonist, Lowen, gets recruited to write the rest of the books. Jeremy, Verity's husband, invites Lowen up to their estate home, with full access to Verity's office, notes, manuscripts... including what appears to be an autobiographical manuscript that was clearly not meant to see the light of day.

I could NOT stop reading this book. It was SO GOOD, so creepy, got my heart racing wanting to know what the fuck was going on in their house. I got so paranoid reading this at night, (view spoiler). I was like Lowen, tearing my way through the book to find out what fucked up stuff Verity had in her manuscript. And that ENDING?! Total mindfuck.

If you're big into the thriller genre, like me, but getting bored with some recent thrillers that all seem to have the same plotline... holy shit, this is the book for you. Apparently this is a deviation from Colleen Hoover's other books, but I loved the writing so much that I already have It Ends With Us checked out from the library and ready to read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Verity.

December 22, 2018 – Shelved
January 12, 2019 – Started Reading
January 13, 2019 –
January 13, 2019 –
January 14, 2019 –
January 14, 2019 –
75.0% "DO NOT FUCKING READ THIS BOOK AT NIGHT 😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱"
January 14, 2019 – Finished Reading
June 10, 2019 – Shelved (Paperback Edition)