Stefanie's Reviews > Skinny Dip

F 50x66
Jan 17, 2012

liked it
Read in January, 2012

This was an entertaining listen, although long. This is not the fault of the reader, who does a great job with the large cast of voices. Rather, this is one of those books that the longer you have to think about it, the less satisfying it is. People do not act this way, and coincidences do not occur with such frequency and so perfectly. (I realize that this book is strongly humorous, and I'm not without a sense of humor, but every reader has a limit on how long they'll suspend disbelief. My limit was reached, although it would not have been had I been able to read this in, say, an evening rather than listening to the book on CD over the course of weeks.) Still, it was fun, and I enjoyed it. Oh, a minor quibble: I am in the age group of Joey Perrone, and, may I just say, I am rather insulted by the implied ignorance of recent music history in my demographic. I don't know anyone who can't name all four original Beatles, and most would also bring up Stuart Sutcliffe too, which I notice you didn't, Mr. Hiassen. ;)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Skinny Dip.