Paula Kalin's Reviews > Becoming

Becoming by Michelle Obama
Rate this book
Clear rating

by
16174645
's review

it was amazing
bookshelves: non-fiction, memoir, book-club, published-2018, politics, e-book, audio-book, read-in-2019
Recommended to Paula by: Bookclub
Recommended for: Everyone

A wonderful memoir about the Obama days in the White House. Fascinating details about life in politics.

A must read for everyone.

5 out of 5 stars
111 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Becoming.
Sign In »

Reading Progress

December 21, 2018 – Shelved
December 21, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
April 6, 2019 – Shelved as: non-fiction
April 6, 2019 – Shelved as: memoir
April 6, 2019 – Shelved as: book-club
April 6, 2019 – Shelved as: published-2018
April 6, 2019 – Shelved as: politics
July 24, 2019 – Started Reading
July 24, 2019 – Shelved as: e-book
August 8, 2019 – Shelved as: audio-book
August 27, 2019 –
50.0% "Had to return my expired library audio cds - ready to start up again with cd #10."
October 2, 2019 – Shelved as: read-in-2019
October 2, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)

dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Martie (new)

Martie Nees Record Looking forward to your review on this one.


Paula Kalin Martie wrote: "Looking forward to your review on this one."

I’m listening to the audiobook instead of my ebook. So far really good, Martie...


Jenna I agree, Paula!


message 4: by Kaceey (new)

Kaceey Glad you enjoyed Paula!🤗🌸


message 5: by Kevin (new)

Kevin Ansbro A truly wonderful lady! Pleased this was a winner, Paula!


Paula Kalin Jenna wrote: "I agree, Paula!"

Such a fantastic book, Jenna! Loved the audio!


Paula Kalin Kaceey wrote: "Glad you enjoyed Paula!🤗🌸"

Thanks so much, Kaceey!


Paula Kalin Kevin wrote: "A truly wonderful lady! Pleased this was a winner, Paula!"

A wonderful lady indeed, Kevin! Thanks for your kind comment!


message 9: by JanB (new)

JanB Glad you enjoyed Paula! 😊


Mary Beth *Traveling Sister* Fantastic review, Paula! 💕


message 11: by Julie (new)

Julie Glad you enjoyed this one Paula!! The wait time at the library was so long, I gave up. I'll have to try again. 💖


message 12: by Richard (new)

Richard I’ve always been impressed by Michelle Obama, so looking forward to this one :)


message 13: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan K A 'true' First Lady if there ever was one especially when compared to the trophy wife we have today...nice review!


message 14: by Wyndy (new) - added it

Wyndy Good to see your five stars, Paula. Hope to get to it soon. I sure do miss this remarkable, classy lady.


message 15: by Nicola (new)

Nicola I’m so looking forward to reading this Paula. I’m so happy to see your 5 stars. Glad to see it was an enjoyable read for you too. :)


message 16: by Beverly (new) - added it

Beverly It sounds wonderful Paula. I really like her.


Cheri I loved this one, too, Paula. It really exceeded my expectations. Terrific review!


Paula Kalin JanB wrote: "Glad you enjoyed Paula! 😊"

Thanks so much, Jan!


Paula Kalin Mary Beth *Traveling Sister* wrote: "Fantastic review, Paula! 💕"

Thanks for the kind comment, Mary Beth!


Paula Kalin Julie wrote: "Glad you enjoyed this one Paula!! The wait time at the library was so long, I gave up. I'll have to try again. 💖"

Thank you, Julie! It is worth the wait. Give it a try again!


message 21: by Michelle (new)

Michelle This has a veeery long wait list at my library as well. Keeping my fingers crossed!


message 22: by Nadia (new) - added it

Nadia I've been waiting for a library audiobook ever since it came out... I think I'm now like #20 in line! Hopefully at some point in 2020 I get to finally listen to it. Glad you loved it!


message 23: by Meredith (new) - added it

Meredith Fabulous review, Paula! I can't believe I haven't read this yet. I must bump it up and read it soon!


Paula Kalin Richard wrote: "I’ve always been impressed by Michelle Obama, so looking forward to this one :)"

Her audiobook was fantastic, Richard. Great voice, great lady...


Paula Kalin Jonathan wrote: "A 'true' First Lady if there ever was one especially when compared to the trophy wife we have today...nice review!"

Thank you, Jonathan. Agreed!


Paula Kalin Wyndy wrote: "Good to see your five stars, Paula. Hope to get to it soon. I sure do miss this remarkable, classy lady."

I miss her too, Wyndy and thanks...


Paula Kalin Nicola wrote: "I’m so looking forward to reading this Paula. I’m so happy to see your 5 stars. Glad to see it was an enjoyable read for you too. :)"

Very enjoyable, Nicola! Glad it is on your list!


Paula Kalin Beverly wrote: "It sounds wonderful Paula. I really like her."

The book is wonderful, Beverly. Such a fantastic First Lady.


Paula Kalin Cheri wrote: "I loved this one, too, Paula. It really exceeded my expectations. Terrific review!"

Thanks so much, Cheri!


Paula Kalin Michelle wrote: "This has a veeery long wait list at my library as well. Keeping my fingers crossed!"

Hope you get to read it soon, Michelle!


Paula Kalin Nadia wrote: "I've been waiting for a library audiobook ever since it came out... I think I'm now like #20 in line! Hopefully at some point in 2020 I get to finally listen to it. Glad you loved it!"

So glad it’s on your list, Nadia!


Paula Kalin Meredith wrote: "Fabulous review, Paula! I can't believe I haven't read this yet. I must bump it up and read it soon!"

Thank you, Meredith! You won’t be sorry to push this up on your TBR!


back to top