Sh3lly's Reviews > DEV1AT3

DEV1AT3 by Jay Kristoff

RELEASE DAY!

Review also found at:

Release date: June 25, 2019 by Knopf Books For Young Readers.

Reading the blurb at Goodreads will spoil you for book one, and we’re still a bit over two weeks out from release day, so I have to be careful about revealing too much.

If you haven’t started this series yet, the setting is a post-apocalyptic garbage dump, environmentally ruined America run by corporations. Most organic beings outside of humans are genetically-engineered, or altered with cyborg implants.

Robots and artificial intelligence play a pretty big role. There have been random human mutations – people suddenly getting weird abilities due to, who knows, maybe radiation or other funk in the atmosphere, etc.

Lemon Fresh plays a MUCH bigger role here. Cricket and Ezekiel are back. Eve is back, only much more stabby. There are new characters, surprises, gut punches, crazy religious shenanigans.

I LOVED it! Those who loved book one, you should be satisfied with this. Those who haven’t started, read book one, and then this releases June 25th!

Thank you Netgalley and publisher for providing a digital eARC to read and review. I adored it

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read DEV1AT3.

December 20, 2018 – Shelved
June 9, 2019 – Started Reading
June 9, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

message 1: by Robin (new) - added it

Robin (Bridge Four) Bought, now just need to find time to read :P

Sh3lly Robin wrote: "Bought, now just need to find time to read :P"

Hi Robin! :) Hope you enjoy it!!

BernLuvsBooks (Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas) Just started it yesterday! Love me some Lemon Fresh & Eve!