Zainab Sheikh's Reviews > The Lost Kids

The Lost Kids by Sara Saedi

39204432

bookshelves: fantasy, retellings, read-2018

Do you ever read a book with an ending that isn't what you wanted/expected but still gives you u a good closure? I'm sure I don't make sense but it's really hard to say things without spoiling the entire book.

I have read a lot of YA fantasy but I rarely come across endings like this one had; realistic and made sense. I really like that about this book.
I like that the characters weren't one dimensional and weren't there just to add something to the story.
They all had their storylines and their struggles. They all went through a lot of development and improved themselves.
I also love that for once, we had a MC who called out the psycho and manipulative love interest on his bullshit and didn't 'fall' for him just for his good looks and sweet talk. There are so many things that I want to spill but i think this should stay a spoiler free review.

Sara Saedi writing is phenomenal. She hooks you into the story and the world she created and you're so absorbed in it that you don't even realize that. It made me even forget the page count.
I'm looking forward to reading more books by her in the future because I rarely see YA books that don't have so many cliches.

My only problem with this book is the love story. It was developing nicely at first but then it just rushed to it. I loved where it was going and I would've liked it better if the author gave it more time and the characters more scenes. This is definitely one of the best sequel I have read this year!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lost Kids.

December 20, 2018 – Started Reading