AleksandarOvnarski's Reviews > Lost in Translation

Lost in Translation by Edward Willett

M 50x66

This wonderful book came to me as a recommendation from a friend who saw that I liked the first "Sholan Alliance" and "The Pride of chanur"; at first "Lost in translation" seemed like a short space opera, but it quickly turned into a page-turner. The writing was as direct and as fast-paced as Harry Harrison's "deathworld"; The stakes are very high and the story is a vicarious experience for the reader despite a lot of technobabble; the intrigue is complex, and since I read it right after "Leviathan wakes", while the latter was still fresh in my memory, I can say "Lost in translation" can stand on its own next to the best of sci-fi. Maybe if I had read more xenofiction I would not have found this novel so original, but the fact that you really grow to care about the characters (i've recommended it several times since and that's not an isolated reaction) seems to suggest that it is indeed a very good book. If only there was a sequel.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lost in Translation.

January 2, 2017 – Started Reading