Cyndi Becker's Reviews > Right Where I Want You

Right Where I Want You by Jessica Hawkins

WOWEE!! Where did this come from? The queen of angst, a writer who has created some of the most emotional romance books I've read, seems to have taken a step in a new direction and created a delightful and no less emotional romance that left me feeling giddy and kept me completely enraptured. This enemies to lovers story has been the perfect book to leave this year on - an up note, a story that left me so completely content. Georgina and Sebastian are pure magic, with the type of chemistry that makes a reader squirm as you tears through the pages to find their HEA.

Georgina is so such a sensitive soul, with a heart that puts her a risk of being taken advantage of. Which happens to her. Often. Too often. When she takes on a new work assignment involving Sebastian Quinn, it looks as if her defenses are raised but not high enough, or so it seems. When Sebastian approaches Georgina with a challenge to co-author an article experimenting with his bad boy persona, the game completely changes, as do their feelings for each other. But it's not an easy path forward.

"Georgina had performed the rare feat of ruffling my feathers, and she’d done it twice in one day. I considered myself easy to get along with, but she clearly had something against me. It was also possible she just didn’t like me. It was uncommon for me, not only to be disliked, but to return the feeling. Men wanted to be me. Women wanted to be with me."

Although Sebastians' self-confidence seems a bit over the top, it is well earned. His swagger is ultimately charming and while I worried for Georgina's well being, we begin to know Sebastian too and he completely stole my heart. Sebastian finds the way to her heart and after a not so fake fake dream date, Sebastian and Georgina begin to share something likened to true friendship and passion.

The story us punctuated by some incredible secondary characters in human best friends in Sebastian's co worker Justin and Georgina's gay barista Luciano, but not more then by her furry family member Bruno. His existence added so much substance to showing us who the characters are at heart. The story is well paced and their connection propels their personal growth. Off and on the rails, these two work both together and apart. But much better together. I highly recommend this feel good romance!

*I was gifted a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Right Where I Want You.

October 21, 2018 – Shelved (Other ebook Edition)
October 21, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read (Other ebook Edition)
December 20, 2018 – Started Reading