Susan Bricker's Reviews > Misfit Table: Let Your Hunger Lead You to Where You Belong

Misfit Table by Tiffini Kilgore

I love Tiffani Kilgore’s book, Misfit Table! She bares her soul in a guttural, honest, soul-searching voice that claims your attention. Tiffani shares her story that intertwines with God’s tenderness, mercy, and grace. She writes her hard stories, her pain, and brokenness in a lyrical style that keeps you reading. She pens the lyrics to the song the Lord told her she would one day sing to bless others.

The short chapters in Misfit Table share Tiffani’s stories alongside the words God spoke to her heart and soul. The threads of God’s love, devotion, protection, acceptance, and faithfulness are interwoven into the fabric of Tiffani’s layers of experiences and suffering. The Lord’s truths are the buffer to Tiffani’s truthful sorrows. I could relate to the spirals of pain she traveled and how she felt lost and unseen.

Misfit Table touched my heart and soul in so many beautiful ways. Tiffani Kilgore’s writing style is uniquely beautiful and speaks to the depths of your soul. She bravely reveals her truths to help others reveal their own, to shed God’s light on the dark, secret places of our souls. Her stories evoked emotions that had laid dormant within my soul that needed to be unveiled.

Once I started reading Misfit Table I couldn’t put it down. It filled my spirit with hope, my mind with questions for my own life experiences, and my heart with validation for the brokenness I have lived. I was reminded that, no matter what, God sees me and I have an eternal place at His table. I want to thank Tiffani Kilgore for stepping out in faithful obedience and writing the story that needed to be written, her story, God’s story. It will touch your soul in beautiful and unexpected ways. Misfit Table is an amazing book, a must read!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Misfit Table.

Finished Reading