Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)'s Reviews > Luck of the Devil

Luck of the Devil by Marie  James

16932050
"My hands are trembling with rage and the urge to prove to her just exactly what my demons feed on."

I met the characters while reading Sins of the Father and was very intrigued to learn the VP's secrets. I knew he was attracted to the club president's baby sister and that forbidden aspect was a delicious treat to look forward to.

I already knew that he, along with her brothers, believed that no man was good enough for her. She was especially off-limits to the club members. But tell that to her heart. It had been beating for him since she was a young girl and no other man did it for her. How many times can she suffer rejection before she finally accepts it and moves on?

He's badass and doesn't bat an eye at any of the dirty deeds he's had to perform as part of his club duties. The only thing he fears is himself. He's got some demons rattling his cage that keep him from trusting himself with a woman, especially her. Are you as curious as I was to learn what he's hiding?

Of course, I've been rooting for this couple ever since I got my first clue they had the hots for each other. I sure wasn't expecting to have to work so hard that I strained my mental matchmaking muscle. That stubborn, sexy biker is determined to follow his head instead of his heart.

Confession, it was the 'girl-time' that I enjoyed the most in this story. The women are fearless and hilarious when they get together. I would so love to join that sisterhood. As with the previous stories, the author teased me with a glimpse into future possibilities that pushed my imagination into working overtime. I know I'm not the only one, right?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Luck of the Devil.

December 19, 2018 – Shelved