Ashley Houser's Reviews > The Possession

The Possession by Michael Rutger

liked it
bookshelves: listened-to-audiobook

After falling in love with The Anomaly last year (it was definitely in my top 18 of 2018) I almost squealed when I found out author Michael Rutger was publishing a sequel.

Unfortunately, I didn't feel the same connection with The Possession. It wasn't bad. It just didn't give me all the feels the way The Anomaly did. The great thing about The Anomaly is was how Michael Rutger incorporated elements of science and created a paranormal story line that in the realms of my imagination could have been true. The science all made sense and I thought the outcome was pretty genius. Unfortunately in The Possession I felt like he leaned more on the paranormal and less on the scientific which is where is kind of fell apart for me.

There were times in the middle where the story got a little convoluted, confusing, and muddled. I had a hard time picturing some of the paranormal elements in my head. I wasn't sure what was going on at times.

And although it ended up wrapping up well, I didn't feel that it was as strong as the first book in the series. But still worth checking out if you enjoyed The Anomaly

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Possession.

December 19, 2018 – Shelved