Sherri Rabinowitz's Reviews > Agatha Christie

Agatha Christie by Gillian Gill

I enjoyed this very much, an interesting thoughtful portrait of a very complex lady who wanted no one, to really know what was going on inside her mind. Can't blame her really.

I found the insights very striking and unlike some of the reviews I did not at all find it at all boring. It was very interesting, indeed.

I thought how she used the Mary Westmacott novels to explain the inner working of Agatha's mind quite well though out and it was not the first time, Agatha's own daughter said if you really wanted to understand her mother, you need to read the Mary Westmacott novels.

While I didn't at mind that the author Gillian Gill, gave the plot-lines and outcomes in those stories since I have not read them and don't mind spoilers, I was stunned that she gave way not only the plot-lines but the murderers in Agatha's mysteries. I am a huge Christie fan, which is why I read this and yet I have to admit I have not read all her books, and for her to give away the killer, not in one book, but in several books was shocking, and quite disappointing.

Otherwise an excellent biography.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Agatha Christie.

December 19, 2018 – Started Reading