Miguel M.'s Reviews > My Bloody Life: The Making of a Latin King

My Bloody Life by Reymundo Sánchez

M 50x66
Jan 16, 2012

The name of the book is My Bloody life by Reymundo Sanchez. What attracted me to this book is that a lot of my friends have read it and also it is non-fiction and located in Chicago. I also read similar books to this and thought it'd be a good read.

Well in this book it follows Reymundo's life as he is born in a village in Puerto Rico then later moves to Chicago with his mother. Growing up was rough for Reymundo he grew up dealing with domestic violence from his father and saw unjust things going on in the city such as discrimination towards his race. As he grows up in a violent environment young Reymundo sees gang-life as a good escape from his life at home. As he grows older Reymundo becomes more ruthless and violent on the streets. Later on Reymundo becomes a notorious Latin king for wreaking havoc on the streets of Chicago.

This book was great, probably one of the best I've read so far. The book was successful in showing that gangs are a very poor choice in life and its not the way to go. To me the book was unsuccessful in showing that violence isn't the answer to things. It is a very graphic book and should be read by a mature audience.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Bloody Life.

Beverly Mccarter sorry miguel i happen to disagree with you i feel the younger they are the more easily its to recruite. so i let my ten year old great nephew read it so he'll no what not to do. eventho i preach and preach. i don't have the EXPRIENCE that lil loco has.