KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕'s Reviews > The Last Letter

The Last Letter by Rebecca Yarros

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic THE LAST LETTER: Is a full length romance novel by new to me author Rebecca Yarros. Spoken in ‘Dual POV’s.
MY REVIEW: can also be found on my blog:
➽ KITTY KATS CRAZY ABOUT BOOKS Image and video hosting by TinyPicChaos is a special ops with his trusty Labrador retriever Havoc by his side, being abandoned by his mother he bounced from foster home to foster home most of his life, until he was of age to enlist, having no family of his own his best friend Ryan also serving time in the military convinces his younger sister Ella to write deployment letters to Chaos since he receives no letters from the outside world.

Ella MacKenzie is a twenty-four year old single mother of two five year old twins (a girl Maisie and Colt a boy One soul split between two bodies), and owner of a quaint B&B with fifteen secluded cabins on a vast two hundred acre property called Solitude in Telluride Colorado, which she took over when her Grandmother died.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

It was via these letters that these two connected, by words alone they became each others confidante, which Ella needed more than anything in the on coming months when things get turned upside down as she confesses all her highs and lows to a man she has never even seen a photo of and only given his call name Chaos.

Somewhere between letter number one and letter number twenty-four, I'd fallen in love with her. Fallen for her words, her strength, her insight and kindness, her grace under impossible circumstances, her love for her children, and her determination to stand on her own.

As the synopsis divulges, Ryan is killed in active duty where he leaves his last letter to his best friend Beckett pleading that he look after Ella and the kids which sees Beckett staying in one of Ella's cabins for the next seven months where he slowly infiltrates himself in Ella's and the kids lives. Beckett is a godsend, he steps in and becomes her pillar of strength during a time of need, because she's going to have to lean on him to get through what life has thrown at her.

I’m a sucker for military reads, they always tend to hit the heart hard. This book was one of my most highly anticipated books of February, from a new to me author. I couldn’t wait to get my hands on it. Once I started, I couldn’t put it down, I devoured it, inhaled it, gobbled it up like I’d not eaten for years, loving the words this author shared with us.

Reading through this I knew that I was going to be in a world of pain, and then just when I thought we'd put all that behind us I was hit with a whammy, the pain that shot through my heart was unbearable, it made for hard reading, the tears came quickly, my heart broke in half, how much could one character endure because this book was brutal, it took no prisoners, just loved ones. It definitely put me through my paces, threw everything it could at me, all the feels and heartbreak walked hand in hand as it brought me to my knees, nothing prepared me for this book.

I cried, I sighed, I swooned, I raged, I loved..

This is just the beginning for me when it comes to this author, I can’t wait to read more by her.

* Teaser is off the authors facebook page *

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Last Letter.

December 18, 2018 – Shelved
February 24, 2019 – Shelved as: recommend-read
February 24, 2019 – Shelved as: standalone
February 24, 2019 – Shelved as: romance
February 24, 2019 – Shelved as: 4-stars

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)

message 1: by Sara (new) - added it

Sara I can’t wait to read this as well!! Hope you enjoy!!

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕ Sara wrote: "I can’t wait to read this as well!! Hope you enjoy!!"

Thank you!! The reviews look so good xox

Sanaa  ☆ Sanaa's Book Blog ☆ Happy reading! I have this sitting on my kindle so i'm excited to see what you think ❤

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕ Sanaa ☆ Sanaa's Book Blog ☆ wrote: "Happy reading! I have this sitting on my kindle so i'm excited to see what you think ❤"

I'm only a few chapters in and the feels have gotten their grip on me, so easy to get into, liking it a lot so far.

Jenny - TotallybookedBlog Wonderful review Kat. This one tore my heart to pieces too! <3

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕ Such a heartbreaking journey!! 😢

My Pink Fairytales Wow! 💔

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕ My Pink Fairytales wrote: "Wow! 💔"

Definitely one click this but grab tissues xox

message 9: by Chan (new)

Chan Glad you enjoyed it :o)

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕ Chan wrote: "Glad you enjoyed it :o)"

message 11: by Carlene Inspired (new)

Carlene Inspired Fantastic review, Kat! I think I will need to read this one! xx

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕ Carlene Inspired wrote: "Fantastic review, Kat! I think I will need to read this one! xx"

Thank you!! Most definitely you do!! xox

message 13: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Amazing review!! I cannot wait to read this one!

Elenasbookblog I cannot wait to read it

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕ Elenasbookblog wrote: "I cannot wait to read it"

Courtney wrote: "Amazing review!! I cannot wait to read this one!"

I swear you guys are going to love this one!!

message 16: by Kat (new) - added it

Kat Valentine Excellent review KAT!😉💖

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕ Kat wrote: "Excellent review KAT!😉💖"

~Anna's ƦªϻƁℓℹռg$~ Great review Kat <3

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕ ~Anna's ƦªϻƁℓℹռg$~ wrote: "Great review Kat <3"