KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕'s Reviews > Bad Boy Blues

Bad Boy Blues by Saffron A. Kent

MY REVIEW AND OTHERS: can also be found on my blog:
➽ KITTY KATS CRAZY ABOUT BOOKS

Even though this one had a lot of mixed reviews I was excited once it landed on my kindle release day, life went on hold. This was well worth the money, a full length romance novel that threw out all the feels, this book was more than I expected, the characters had so many layers to them.

Lately I’ve been binge reading bad boy bullies and this was right up my alley. It all started back when they were so young. Zachariah Prince aka Zach was twelve and she was ten, it was in grade school when it all started by the pulling of her pigtails, right up till highschool where he still managed to make her life a living hell. My hatred for him was so strong that I never paid attention to anything below the surface.

The thing with Cleo is that no matter what came her way, she never took it sitting down, she fought back tooth and nail. And because of all the bullying she despises him with a vengeance and has done so for more than a decade. When girls my age were falling in love with cute boys, I was falling in hate with Zach.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The bullying, the ridicule, it wasn’t until they were older that they were both made accountable for their actions.

For me the pace between the two characters was perfect, the banter, the swoony moments, the angst, were implemented perfectly.

These two came from different worlds, his family lived on the south side where all the rich people resided, sitting in their mansions surrounded by butlers and maids looking down on their minions. She was born on the other side of the divided line. The north side where the people don't have a lot of money.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

After graduation he abruptly with no word to anyone leaves town never to look back and she goes and works as a maid up in the mansion for his family. College wasn't an option for Cleo.

Life was okish UNTIL he comes back. Now she lives where he lives.

She lives here too, the girl with the blue hair. The girl who bore the brunt of all my hatred and who I haven't stopped thinking about since I saw her the first time when I was twelve.

We slowly learn why he was the way he was towards Cleo, he has so many layers to him, such a complex character that had many flaws but delve deeper and like most he just wanted someone to give a damn, the misunderstood bad boy.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bad Boy Blues.

December 18, 2018 – Shelved
April 14, 2019 – Shelved as: full-of-angst
April 14, 2019 – Shelved as: non-arc
April 14, 2019 – Shelved as: romance
April 14, 2019 – Shelved as: standalone

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)

message 1: by Richelle (new)

Richelle Robinson Can’t wait to hear your thoughts!

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕ Richelle wrote: "Can’t wait to hear your thoughts!"

:) nearly finished *phew this was long*

Radd Reader This was suggested as a buddy read. Interested to hear what you think of it.

message 4: by Kat (new) - added it

Kat Valentine Awesome review KAT!💖💋

message 5: by Natalie (new)

Natalie The Biblioholic I'm glad the worst of reviews didn't detract from how much you enjoyed this read :D ❤

Nikki ღ Navareus Fab review, Hon! You sold me at Bad Boy Bullies!! I'm onto this one next!! Glad you enjoyed this baby. :) xx

message 7: by Fiona (new) - added it

Fiona Fog Loved the review! I will be checking this out.

message 8: by Jessica's (new)

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession Glad you enjoyed it Kat :)

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕ Jessica's wrote: "Glad you enjoyed it Kat :)"

Fiona wrote: "Loved the review! I will be checking this out."

Natalie wrote: "I'm glad the worst of reviews didn't detract from how much you enjoyed this read :D ❤"

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕ Radd Reader wrote: "This was suggested as a buddy read. Interested to hear what you think of it."

I'd give it a shot, I enjoyed it, was so much more than a bully book, heaps of angst, romance, and you get a big book for your buck.

message 11: by Nazanin (new)

Nazanin Fab review, Kat! Glad you enjoyed! 💗

Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-» Wonderful review, Kat! Glad you enjoyed it! :) xo

Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕ KICKASS review BEOTCH!! I need to squeeze this one soon. Glad you enjoyed it though <3 xo

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕ Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕ wrote: "KICKASS review BEOTCH!! I need to squeeze this one soon. Glad you enjoyed it though <3 xo"

Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-» wrote: "Wonderful review, Kat! Glad you enjoyed it! :) xo"

Nazanin wrote: "Fab review, Kat! Glad you enjoyed! 💗"

Thank you guys!! xox

Elle's Book Blog Glad you enjoyed it, Kat!!!