Angela's Reviews > In Cold Blood

In Cold Blood by Truman Capote

Jul 04, 2008

Recommended to Angela by: DADDY!
Read in July, 2008

After finishing Other Rooms Other Voices I found I really liked Capote.. so far in this book I can already tell how fascinated he is by these murders... and the murderers.. cant wait to finish it.

poor cutter family.. didnt know what hit them.. i wish i could live back in these days, where everyone knew each other, lived on open farms and worked the land.. sounds like a lot of fun.. maybe not.. who knows

... well now I've finished it... capote sure picked a strange way to relate this tale.. this "new journalism" idea.. was a very fun way to read but it sorta took away from the reality of the situation.. it made you almost feel sorry for Perry Smith (and it seems that Capote may have had some sort of sentiment like this towards him as well).. but really Smith still made the choice to kill all 4 of these people.. and that doesn't get pity from me.. granted if my mother and father had been the way his were.. alcoholics.. etc etc.. and my siblings had either killed themselves or abandoned me perhaps I would have some different opinions.. but not so sure that would turn me to kill people for 50 dollars..

rough story but very very very well written

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read In Cold Blood.