Khanh, first of her name, mother of bunnies's Reviews > Hunter Book 1: Forged

Hunter Book 1 by Gabriel Michaelson

did not like it

I read this for SPFBO

It just wasn't good. Out of all the books I've read for this competition so far, this book by far stood out as a self-published book.

First off, I don't know whether it was a glitch with my Calibre, which I used to read the book, but the entire text was in italicized font. Ouch.

Secondly, the grammar and syntax was not good. It wasn't outrageously bad, but I could tell this book needed the touch by an editor. Sentences ran on, were chopped off, and had weird structures. I'm a grammar you-know-what and however minor the issues, it bothered me. The writing was just weird and did not flow well. The odd punctuation, along with other grammatical errors, only served to emphasize that this was an amateur work.

The setting was convoluted and didn't feel entirely realistic, more like a mishmash of other sci-fi spaghetti western universes. I got to 10% before DNFing, but it felt like a lot longer.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hunter Book 1.

Started Reading
December 17, 2018 – Shelved
December 17, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
December 17, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)

message 1: by Har.the.rat. (new)

Har.the.rat. what is SPFBO?

Khanh, first of her name, mother of bunnies Self published fantasy blog off or something like that.

#Mega_Book_Fangirl_ Ohhh, I was wondering about that

message 4: by Raymond (new)

Raymond Rayner What is your background? I find myself coming back again and again to read your reviews very insightful and sometimes funny so I'm just curious hopefully you can share that with me

Khanh, first of her name, mother of bunnies Raymond wrote: "What is your background? I find myself coming back again and again to read your reviews very insightful and sometimes funny so I'm just curious hopefully you can share that with me"

Immigrant from Vietnam at age 10. Now living in California as a supervisor for a law firm :)