Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳'s Reviews > The Unhoneymooners

The Unhoneymooners by Christina Lauren

it was ok
bookshelves: 2019

As plots go by, this one started rather stereotyped, heroine has a twin sister, her twin gets severely sick during a rom-com set wedding and is unable to travel to her honeymoon. They end up switching IDs so the heroine can enjoy the honeymoon with the best man, pretending to be the married couple for the sake of a non-refundable honeymoon prize. The best man she’s "forced" to spend time with is the groom’s brother and her own archenemy. They hate each other.
I’m all for enemies to lovers tropes! I was pretty happy reading this then.

Sometimes along the way,halfway into the book maybe—after all the comical situations had been delivered, after all the bearable tension had been imparted, after all the banter had been issued, I started to lose interest in the romance, finding the chemistry between Olive and Ethan tepid at best. I also I started to feel outraged on behalf of Olive.

I adored the heroine. Probably so much so that I couldn’t stomach the way she was being treated throughout the story by people that should have been LISTENING to her. According her the benefit of the mother-effing doubt. She was being constantly disregarded and make fun of. Well, fuck that.
Not even the hero’s POV offered at the end could make me forgive his behavior.

It seems I’ve been afflicted with a case of "inability to suspend all disbeliefs" lately, unfortunately, I could have done with a temporary fix for my affliction reading this book. I’m not saying this was a bad story, I’m saying it had nothing new to offer and I’ve had real issues dealing with the offhanded way the heroine was made fun of or belittled. I just couldn’t let go of my grounded/realistic point of view reading The Unhoneymooners.