Lea's Reviews > The Corner of Holly and Ivy

The Corner of Holly and Ivy by Debbie Mason

liked it
bookshelves: holiday, romance

TW: burn survivors, taken babies
This is okay. I really liked the political aspect and wish it was more developed. Although it wasn’t exactly as it’s presented in the synopsis. The Gallagher family seems really interesting.
You might like it if you like second chance romance, pregnancies, and weak heroines. I don’t like any of those things so it didn’t work for me.
There’s a ghost character that seems like a filler, she doesn’t really seem to do much. I was pretty surprised when a ghost started talking in this otherwise contemporary romance. The heroine is weak, she concedes to the hero on almost everything, even when she should be pissed. It made her harder to root for.
Overall it was entertaining but I had a lot of inner dialogue about things I didn’t like and by the time my deal breakers showed up I was almost done so just finished. It doesn’t need to be read in order in the series, although I did feel like I didn’t really get some of the family drama not having read their stories. It isn’t really about Christmas, except that it ends there, it could be read anytime of year.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Corner of Holly and Ivy.

December 16, 2018 – Started Reading