Forgotten Realms Queen's Reviews > First Drop of Crimson

First Drop of Crimson by Jeaniene Frost

Jan 16, 2012

Read in February, 2010

Loved this latest installment of the Cat and Bones series by Jeanine Frost, although admittedly Cat and Bones show up for maybe a chapter or two.

This story largely focuses on Cat's best friend, Denise and her life after she leaves the main circle of characters in the series. Nothing overtly spectacular about this story. I enjoy Denise as a character, and I believe her story was well written. Demons vs vampires people! What's not to love? And of course a damsel in distress who finds her knight in shining armor in the end.

What I enjoy most though is the concept that Jeanine Frost is going for. Whereas most authors introduce characters to carry on the series, or pick on popular character to create a new spin off series, Jeanine is not doing that. Instead she is taking a few characters and creating one story for them. So instead of having a multitude of spin offs or a series that might carry on past the point of interest, Jeanine is taking advantage of the best of both words. Giving us a little more info on the characters we enjoy, and not killing us or herself with spin offs.

Brilliance.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read First Drop of Crimson.

01/07 marked as: read