L. McCoy's Reviews > Kick-Ass: The Dave Lizewski Years Book Three

Kick-Ass by Mark Millar

60482096

bookshelves: action, comedy, comics-and-graphic-novels, creator-owned, crime, hoopla, image, marvel, reviewed, superhero

So this series isn’t quite getting bad but downhill? Perhaps.

What’s it about?
In order to explain that I’d have to spoil stuff so skip.

Pros:
The story is interesting. It tries to take a more realistic(ish) approach on superheroes and it works fairly well.
The artwork is pretty good.
Most of the characters are interesting and well written.
I really like the action scenes in this. There are a lot of them and they are brutal as hell but fantastic!
This book is sometimes fairly humorous, not as humorous as the first Kick-Ass story or Hit Girl but funny.
This book is super unpredictable!
Some of the dialogue is great.

Cons:
I didn’t like how things happened. I know it’s more realistic but still... and I’m not just talking about the ending (though that is one of the things I’m referring to).
The villains are kinda lame. They’re not terrible but really, they’re just so typical it ain’t even funny. Also what sort of shitty villain name is The Motherfucker?
I didn’t like the ending, not just because of what happens but because it’s a depressing as fuck way to end a book, especially one that for the most part is meant to be fun like this one.
This last con is super spoilery. (view spoiler)

Overall:
This book is good, not great. It’s interesting and very actiony. The problem is that there are a lot of things about this book I really didn’t like, but even then for the most part I understand why that stuff is there. This book is interesting and actiony, would recommend this series.

4/5

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kick-Ass.

December 16, 2018 – Started Reading