Trisha Wilson's Reviews > Amber Eyes

Amber Eyes by Jolyn Palliata

Recommended for: Anyone who loves YA and/or reincarnation stories.

To start off this review, I will say that normally I do not read 3 types of books. 1) paranormal, 2) YA & 3) 1st person POV. With that being said, I believe Jolyn Palliata's novel "Amber Eyes" has changed my way of thinking! For anyone who likes any of those I listed, then you're in for a real treat!! (If you're like me and normally don't like either, then I still believe you'll really fall for this book, the characters AND the author!! It's a must-read!!)

Lexi & Dez stole my heart. I laughed & I cried. There were moments when I wanted to reach through the screen & strangle someone (Usually Dez and Jayson were the victims in my imagination! ha!) -- One of my favorite parts of the story was when Lexi made Jayson pay for past taunts about her cat... I was laughing so hard I was crying! You'll know the part when you get to it, trust me!

Jolyn's characters are believable & heart-touching! I cannot wait for book 2 in this trilogy! Jolyn has a new fan in me & I plan on reading anything she puts out in the future, regardless of the sub-genre!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Amber Eyes.

January 7, 2012 – Started Reading
January 8, 2012 – Finished Reading
January 16, 2012 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

All I can say is thank goodness I didn't know you didn't like YA and 1st POV! I NEVER would have sent you the book! LOL I was nervous enough knowing you didn't like PNR. *wipes sweat off brow* that it turned out okay. ;) Thanks for the fab review, Trisha!

Trisha  Wilson Ha! Now you know why I said, "I am NOT your target audience, so do not take it personally if I don't like it!" But, I did & now you have a new fan, who otherwise probably would have never read it! So thank you for the opportunity to "proof" it. :)

& Now, I'm going to be one of "Those" fans....> "When will you have book 2 ready?" Ha ha! :-P (But seriously...when? :) )

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Trisha wrote: "Now, I'm going to be one of "Those" fans....> "When will you have book 2 ready?" Ha ha! :-P (But seriously...when? :) )"

Bahaha! I'm shooting for a December 2012 release. I have part of Crimson Eyes (CE) written already, but I had to figure out some stuff first. Now that I've stewed on it, I just need to write. There's a little excerpt of CE in the back of Amber Eyes. That'll give everyone a taste of what they're in for. ;)