Nadine's Reviews > Speaking from Among the Bones

Speaking from Among the Bones by Alan Bradley

bookshelves: read-in-2012, thriller-crime, netgalley-review

Flavia is back! And to her (and our) delight she stumbles over another murder in her home village Bishop-Lacey. The dead body of the church organist is found on top of the crypt of the village saint when his crypt is about to be opened for the 500th anniversary of his death. To her utter delight Flavia is present and can start investigating right away.
The financial situation of the family is worse than ever and Flavia is happy to be able to spend her energy and attention on solving her latest murder case.
It is all there again, Flavia's wit, her passion for chemistry, a mystery to be solved, some quirky characters surrounding Flavia and of course the old-fashioned charm I love so much about this series. There are so many special moments I don't want to give away. Anybody who enjoyed the previous books in this series will surely enjoy this one as well.

(I received a digital copy of this book on netGalley.)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Speaking from Among the Bones.

January 16, 2012 – Shelved
November 2, 2012 – Started Reading
November 2, 2012 –
8.0% ":-) Finally back at Buckshaw!"
November 3, 2012 – Shelved as: read-in-2012
November 3, 2012 – Shelved as: thriller-crime
November 3, 2012 – Finished Reading
November 20, 2012 – Shelved as: netgalley-review

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Nadine Yes I know I was sooo lucky, I was already craving my next Flavia dose and thought it would be some more months! And no, in this installment (it is Easter time and the school is probably closed for the occassion) there is no pesky school business interfering with her investigations.
Do they actually attend a school? Is it mentioned at some point? Haha, those poor teachers trying to teach FLavia ;-).

Brooke This series is so lovely! I just finished listening to this audiobook. They are wonderful audiobooks!!