Violet90's Reviews > Moonglass

Moonglass by Jessi Kirby

F 50x66
Jan 16, 2012

liked it

I remember how badly I wanted to read this book because all the reviews I read had said this book was great. But after reading it I am not sure how to rate it. I mean I liked the concept of the book this story was different than the one's I've read. It was a good book for young adult but I really was disappointed in the romance part. I mean there were some cute momemts between Anna and Tyler but their relationship just didn't click for me. I mean we don't even know if they consider each other "boyfriend or girlfriend". Plus, Tyler never actually asked her out on a date. But if the author considered the little picnic they had on the beach or the "tours" Tyler gave Anna a date then well I don't know what to say. Because all the romance in this book was just some kissing and some cute dialogues but thats it. I mean wouldn't a girl want to know what her relationship is called? Anna just feels guilty for her mothers death. I get she saw her mother kill herself and is upset her mother left her alone and didn't think about her but at least come to terms with a guy you like and kiss. I liked Tyler but wouldn't really consider him as a hero I would remember in the future. I just wish the author could have gave us more on what's going to happen to them in the future and how her relationship with her father and friends go. I felt the end was not very satisfying and because of that I didn't give this book a 5 star. So if you are looking for a mystery and a small romance then this book is for you.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Moonglass.