Rose's Reviews > The Way To The Stars

The Way To The Stars by Una McCormack

bookshelves: sci-fi

I'm in Prague, a truly beautiful city full of history and life. I'm supposed to be sleeping in order to meet a dear friend for the first time in the morning (a friend who I became friend with because of this wonderful show). Instead I stayed up late to finish this novel in one sitting.

I love Tilly - she's awkward, unsure, ambitious, and has a propensity for inserting her foot into her own mouth. I can relate. Learning about this marvellous character through this fun book was an absolute delight. It was just pure fun, and on the more side of things, it was fascinating to see how non-Starfleet sectors of the Trek-world operate. Ultimately a very sweet and revealing novel, and a truly fantastic read for any fan of the show and this character.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Way To The Stars.

Finished Reading
December 15, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
December 15, 2018 – Shelved
January 9, 2019 – Shelved as: sci-fi

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

Jemppu Does it tie in with the comic at all? Or contradict it anyhow? Always excited for the civilian side of the Trekkian universe!

message 2: by Wen (new)

Wen Is mushroom in the story? :)

Rose It kind of ties in? You can definitely link Tilly's appearance in the 2018 Annual with this book, but it's not like they're happening simultaneously. There's a definite chronology here between them.
And I will not confirm or deny if any other characters appear, u gotta find that out for yourself ;) ;) ;)
I'll be excited for the Disco novels to get out of the pre-show era so we can get some like, missions or anything actually involving the Discovery and her crew as we know them.

Jemppu *runs to buy it*

...wait? Will this result to another year of persistent inspirations? Oof, even with such a 'risk' <:D