Tekla's Reviews > Daughter of Smoke & Bone

Jan 16, 2012

bookshelves: fantasy-lit, ya-lit, my-favorite-books
Recommended for: EVERYONE
Read from April 20 to 23, 2012

I have no words to describe how much this book changed me.

When you read Daughter of Smoke and Bone it's like you got a shot of magic directly through your veins. This book lifts the veil from your eyes and you can suddenly see that fairytales are real and they are part of your world. I don't know, its magic was so real to me, I'm awestruck.

I understand the beginning of the book was necessary to lure a lot of YA readers, but for me, if the book had started with Madrigal meeting Akiva in the battle, it'd have borderlined utter perfection. In fact, I didn't mind how Laini Taylor made it, I just wanted more Chimera world and especially more BRIMSTONE!!!

Honestly, I just want to be a chimera and fuck the world.

I can do better at reviewing a book, but I'm honestly so shaken by this masterpiece that I can't articulate myself.

Just read this book. Do it. Now!

04/20/2012
30.0% ""I don’t know many rules to live by,” he’d said. “But here’s one. It’s simple. Don’t put anything unnecessary into yourself. No poisons or chemicals, no fumes or smoke or alcohol, no sharp objects, no inessential needles—drug or tattoo—and… no inessential penises, either.” DYING."
04/20/2012 "“You scribbled out the best part,” Issa accused. “Trust me, it’s not that great.” They are talking about the inessential penis. LAWL."
04/23/2012
63.0% "Karou and Akiva have me completely fascinated. I'm loving this book!!!"
04/23/2012
78.0% ""His arms went around her and drew her in, and Karou and Akiva were like two matches struck against each other to flare starlight." *swoons forever*"
04/24/2012 ""One might suppose you had a death wish.” “No.” He was solemn. “Never that. A life wish, if anything. For a different sort of life.” They are killing me!"
04/25/2012
100.0% "YOU CAN'T FINISH IT THERE!!!!! omg omg omg I'm freaking the fuck out!!!!!! NOOOOOO T_______T"
04/22/2017 marked as: read

Marina Nice, passionate review Tekla! I'll add it in my TBR asap!

Tekla Marina, you won't regret reading it. It's a beautiful book. <3

Anna  (Bananas!) I loved this book to PIECES. It's funny that you liked the 2nd part better. I loved the first part, was so into the chimera family, but I was just thrilled by how the loose ends all came together.