Ed's Reviews > Act Of Treason

Act Of Treason by Vince Flynn

Jul 04, 2008

bookshelves: reviewed, spy-political-thriller
Recommended for: Those who like political and espionage thrillers.
Read in July, 2008

Vince Flynn's thrillers are as good as it gets in the genre with the possible exception of Barry Eisler's John Rain series. They are neither realistic nor believable but they sure do entertain. I read this one in two days. I didn't even have time to put on my "currently reading" list.

Mitch Rapp, the protagonist in all of Flynn's novels is a very flawed human being who is also very good at what he does, finding and eliminating enemies of the U.S. He works for the CIA but as most characters in these type of books, often goes his own way. Naturally this gets him in trouble with his superiors and also with many powerful politicians.

The only thing that keeps him on the job is that he is always successful in spite of or maybe because of his methods. If he ever fails, it's clear the sharks will have at him and tear him apart.

This story in particular puts him cross-wise with the Vice-President Elect who is definitely out to get him. The strength of the story is in the details which I won't get into here. I will say that readers will not be totally sure how the plot will play out until the last 10 pages, which is why I was late for Happy Hour. I could not out the book down.

There aren't many stories that would keep me from a chance to enjoy reasonably priced beers with my friends. This one did, for 15 minutes, anyway.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Act Of Treason.