L.B. Clark's Reviews > Hippie Boy: A Girl's Story

Hippie Boy by Ingrid Ricks

Jan 15, 2012

bookshelves: new-to-me-author-challenge
Read from January 15 to 16, 2012

Hippie Boy is the autobiography of a girl who grew up in a dysfunctional Morman family. It is essentially a coming of age story. The story ends with the girl’s graduation from high school; I would have liked to have learned what became of the woman and her family without having to resort to a Google search, so that was a bit of a ‘minus’. Other than that, the book was well-written and enjoyable. The author’s style as much as the story she was recounting made me keep reading, even when I probably should have been sleeping.

Aside from the fact that there is not even an epilogue to tell the reader what became of Ingrid and her family, I can’t think of anything negative about this book. I’m not sure that it’s one I’ll reflect on or want to read again, but I would recommend it to anyone who likes biographies.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hippie Boy.

Ingrid Ricks Hi L.B.,

Just wanted to thank you for taking the time to read Hippie Boy and share your thoughts. Wanted you to know that because of your feedback, I updated the book (both eBook and paperback) to include a page titled Fall 2011: Where We Are Now.

Fyi...my mom ended up marrying a wonderful man and spending 25 years with him (he recently passed away). My dad built a multimillion dollar telecom business, lost it all in the crash of 2000 and now, in his early 70s, is back chasing his million dollar dream. My sister, Connie, now lives in Florida on five acres surrounded by her horses, dogs and cats. And I live in Seattle with an amazing husband and two beautiful daughters.

Thanks again for your input. It was really helpful.

Best,