Kristen Burns's Reviews > Treasures, Demons, and Other Black Magic

Treasures, Demons, and Other Black Magic by Meghan Ciana Doidge

4 Stars

Review:
This was the book in the series that really hooked me. Obviously I was enjoying the series or I wouldn't have continued reading/listening, but this was the one where it went from good to great for me. So far, every book in this series has had a great plot, building intensity, a bit of humor, and a really cool world and magic system involving all sorts of supernatural creatures. But the characters have grown on me more and more with each book. I love that Jade is feminine and emotional yet still kickass when she needs to be (even if I still have a couple issues with her). I love the friendships she's formed with Candy and Kett. And gosh I love Kett. I know I'm always partial to vampires, but he's been the most interesting character to me from the start, and he's only gotten more interesting as he's gotten more human. I've also gotten more used to the audio narration, so that doesn't bother me much anymore. To be honest, I do wonder if I might enjoy these books even more if I were to read them instead of listen to the audio. Anyway, this is a great urban fantasy series that I'm really enjoying!

Original Review @ Metaphors and Moonlight

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Treasures, Demons, and Other Black Magic.

December 15, 2018 – Started Reading