Sadonna's Reviews > precious_boy

Jan 15, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: mm, pdf
Read in January, 2012

3.5 stars. I wasn't sure that I would like this story, but I was pleasantly surprised by both Jon and Ethan.

What I liked best about Jon was his innate sense of needing to do something for a kid that had gotten into something that truly wasn't the right thing for him. His approach to Ethan was not preachy nor too condescending - unlike Ethan's father who seemed to vacillate between not giving a shit and then being disdainful about what was going on with his own child. The fact that Jon had to basically goad him into appearing for the kid's 18th birthday said a lot that was not terribly flattering about Donald's character.

Ethan was definitely more mature than his chronological age - mostly because it appeared that he had never been allowed to be a child. It didn't seem like he felt loved and protected - especially when it seemed like he felt more cared for a listened to by Jon then anyone in his own family.

Unfortunately I think there are way too many parents out there like Donald who never should have been parents in the first place. I particularly liked the story shared by Lori and Jon. Marti was a fun supporting character as well.

All in all, a good read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read precious_boy.