Ophelia ॐ's Reviews > City of Lost Souls

6207466
Jan 15, 2012

bookshelves: summer-reading, absolute-favorites
Read in July, 2012

Holy shit. 6 stars, please?!?! That was brilliant. SO amazing. Cassandra Clare, I'm in love with your writings!!
This book met all my expectations by a mile!!! It was truly a story I will never forget...just like the rest of TMI books!! :D
Jace. What can I say? Your a god. Soooo, when can we meet? ;)
Oh I have something else to say..
Dear Jace, I swear if you and Clary don't have sex by the end of the last book, we're done. I will not worship you as the most beautiful person I wish was alive. So, you better get it done! Love, Ophelia.

[Damn, what the hell? The only problem I'm having right now is the cover..and it seems pretty obvious..and its really annoying the HELL out of me. Clary Fray is supposed to be SO freakin much SHORTER than Jace. So much shorter. She's petite..thats why she's so cute and fiesty. She's SMALL. AHH DAMN DAMN DAMN...]
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read City of Lost Souls.

Quotes Ophelia ॐ Liked

Cassandra Clare
“I never cared,” he said. “I wanted you anyway. I always wanted you.”

Cassandra Clare
“Sebastian never does anything just for fun.” Jace took Clary’s hand and pulled her toward him. “But I do.”

Cassandra Clare
“As far as I’m concerned, this is the worst thing that’s happened since I found out why Magnus was banned from Peru.”

Cassandra Clare
“I don't care," Clary said. "He'd do it for me. Tell me he wouldn't. If I were missing-"
"He'd burn the whole world down till he could dig you out of the ashes. I know," Alec said.”

Cassandra Clare
“Missing, one stunningly attractive teenage boy. Answers to 'Jace' or 'Hot Stuff”

Cassandra Clare
“She turned and looked at him. "Ducks?" she said again.
A smile tugged the edge of his mouth. "I hate ducks. Don't know why. I just always have.”

Cassandra Clare
“He grinned. It was a wicked grin, the kind that made the blood in Clary's veins run a little faster. "You want to go on a date?"
Caught off guard, she stammered. "A wh-what?"
"A date," Jace repeated. "Often 'a boring thing you have to memorize in history class,' but in this case, 'an offering of an evening of blisteringly white-hot romance with yours truly."
"Really?" Clary was not sure what to make of this. "Blisteringly white-hot?"
"It's me," said Jace. "Watching me play Scrabble is enough to make most women swoon. Imagine if I actually put in some effort.”

Cassandra Clare
“Jordan doesn't really care about the blood," Simon said now. "His whole thing is about me being comfortable with what I am. Get in touch with your inner vampire, blah, blah."
Clary slid in next to him onto the bed and hugged a pillow. "Is your inner vampire different from your...outer vampire?"
"Definitely. He wants me to wear midriff-baring shirts and a fedora. I'm fighting it."
Clary smiled faintly. "So your inner vampire is Magnus?”

Cassandra Clare
“She opened her mouth to answer, but he was already kissing her. She had kissed him so many times—soft gentle kisses, hard and desperate ones, brief brushes of the lips that said good-bye, and kisses that seemed to go on for hours—and this was no different. The way the memory of someone who had once lived in a house might linger even after they were gone, like a sort of psychic
imprint,
her
body remembered
Jace.
Remembered the way he tasted, the slant of his mouth over hers, his scars under her fingers, the shape of his body under her hands.”

Cassandra Clare
“Do you remember,” he said, “when we first met and I told you I was ninety percent sure putting a rune on you wouldn’t kill you—and you slapped me in the face and told me it was for the other ten percent?” Clary nodded.
“I always figured a demon would kill me,” he said. “A rogue Downworlder. A battle. But I realized then that I just might die if I didn’t get to kiss you, and soon.” Clary licked her dry lips. “Well, you did,” she said. “Kiss me, I mean.”
He reached up and took a curl of her hair between his fingers. He was close enough that she could feel the warmth of his body, smell his soap and skin and hair.
“Not enough,” he said, letting her hair slip through his fingers. “If I kiss you all day every day for the rest of my life, it won’t be enough.”

Cassandra Clare
“Simon rolled his eyes. “It’s a good thing we know the person who’s dating Magnus Bane,” he said. “Otherwise, I get the feeling we’d all just lie around all the time wondering what the hell to do next. Or trying to raise the money to hire him by selling lemonade or something.”
Alec looked merely irritated by this comment. “The only way you could raise enough money to hire Magnus by selling lemonade is if you put meth in it.”

Cassandra Clare
“And what if I'm the one who kills him?" "My heart is your heart," he said, "My hands are your hands.”

Cassandra Clare
“How was the Seelie Queen?"
"Same as usual."
"Raging bitch, then?"
"Pretty much.”

Cassandra Clare
“Excellent. I've been told I have a lovely, melodic reading voice." He flipped the book open to the front page, where the title was printed in ornate script. Across from it was a long dedication, the ink faded now and barely legible, though Clary could make out the signature: With hope at last, William Herondale.

Cassandra Clare
“Unhappy? I was lucky. So, so lucky. And I couldn’t see it.” His eyes met hers. “I love you,” he said. “And you make me happier than I ever thought I could be. And now that I know what it’s like to be someone else—to lose myself—I want my life back. My family. You. All of it.” His eyes darkened. “I want it back.”

06/30/2012 page 107
07/01/2012 page 327
61.0% "Jace...you are so sexy XD"
07/02/2012 page 483
90.0% "Ahhhhh so intense. I can't contain myself ;P"

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Heels perhaps?

Ophelia ॐ Nah. Heels are Isabelle's thing ;)