Rin Chupeco's Reviews > The Never Tilting World

EDIT [3/28/19]: cover reveal! https://t.co/r1pRsQ06GC

Hello, what you should know about THE NEVER TILTING WORLD:

1. Four POVs:
+ Haidee, goddess-mechanic with free-spirited Moana vibes
+ Odessa, bookish chaotic lesbian goddess energy
+ Arjun, sarcastic fire-wielding amputee and secret cinnaman
+ Lan, healer/ranger and fierce bodyguard in love with her charge

2. Twin goddesses scrambling to fix a world slowly dying of horrific man-made (goddess-made?) and destructive climate change. Yes, climate change deniers are my villains now.

3. A world torn between night and day, and an endless abyss in the middle of the world where Horrible Things Climb Out Of

4. Sandworms! A sea-desert! Ships sailing on winds! Shadow demons and corrupted creatures! Sand dolphins! Two-tiered elemental magic system! Did I mention SAND DOLPHINS

5. Maybe some kissing?

(While it's been pitched as Frozen meets Mad Max, I like to think that it's more of a Mad Max meets Avatar the Last Airbender aesthetic)

Enjoy! <3

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Never Tilting World.

Finished Reading
December 13, 2018 – Shelved
December 13, 2018 – Shelved as: my-books
December 13, 2018 – Shelved as: no-ratings-because-obviously-biased

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)

message 1: by Sandra (new) - added it

Sandra So going to pre-order based on this review. 8D♥

message 2: by Kayla (new) - added it

Kayla Wolf This sounds super interesting! I do so hope that you continue writing "The Girl from the Well" Books too! I very much enjoyed their adventures in the last book "The Suffering"! :)

Booklover925 This is going to be so epic.

message 4: by Robin (new) - added it

Robin Reading through the synopsis, I got more of an AtLA vibe than I did Frozen, so it's funny that you mentioned that. This is definitely going on my To-Read list.

message 5: by Leils (new) - added it

Leils “chaotic lesbian goddess energy” got me so excited and happy you can’t imagine

biconique - s&b tv series stan since 2 oct. 2019 i'm a simple person.
i see an author say their book has an atla aesthetic, i add to my tbr AND scream internally in excitement.

message 7: by Leelynn (new) - added it

Leelynn (Sometimes Leelynn Reads) ❤ ATLA aesthetic just sold me on this. That and I love your writing so I can't wait for this!

message 8: by Emily (new) - added it

Emily Surratt I need this book in my life so bad! I love the bone witch trilogy so much this is a no brainer!

message 9: by Jazillia007 (new) - added it

Jazillia007 Show, don't tell. This is too much information. I'm going to check out the book. But why is it necessary to give away who will be in this book and what kind of people they are and so on?

biconique - s&b tv series stan since 2 oct. 2019 it's just a tad bit of info about the plot, content and the characters, is it really THAT bad to let the readers know what to expect and see if it appeals to their interests?

message 11: by Jazillia007 (new) - added it

Jazillia007 Yes it is. It's like watching a trailer for a movie and give away everything about the characters. But that's my preference. If it's okay for YOU that's your business - not mine. Personally I think these days writers give away TOO MUCH about a book prior to its release.

biconique - s&b tv series stan since 2 oct. 2019 you DO know you could've just,,, not read the post, i hope?
and since when do movie trailers give away everything about the film? it's literally just to get you excited and to know what to expect, but okay i guess

message 13: by Emily (new) - added it

Emily She said Avatar, I'm in.