Marianne's Reviews > Glimpse, Memoir of a Serial Killer

Glimpse, Memoir of a Serial Killer by Stephen B.  King

This was fascinating! I haven’t read anything like it.

The chapters told from the view of PPP, the serial killer, are riveting. The connections made by Pat, the psychologist, also spot on. The evolution of how a child becomes pure evil is built slowly and with great skill.

Rick was an interesting character, slightly flawed. He doesn’t always make the right choices. I waffled between sympathy and frustration when reading his inner thinking.

There is a bit of a side story with Y2K that didn’t add much for me. I think maybe it was to unite the family together again but it was a bit strange. Also, reason for my missing star on rating, I was a bit disheartened by the constant sexual tension between Rick and Pat. I am hoping the second installment doesn’t go there...

Those two small issues aside, I really enjoyed this story, would highly recommend and look forward to the next.

Thanks to NetGalley, the author and Backlit PR for a copy in exchange for a review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Glimpse, Memoir of a Serial Killer.

Finished Reading
December 13, 2018 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

Stephen B King Thank you for taking the time to review. I appreciate it very much. This is book 1 of a trilogy in which the tension between the two protagonists, and the consequences of their inappropriate desires across the three investigations is a very important aspect of the overall story. I'm sorry that part didn't appeal to you. Thank you again for reading and reviewing, reviews are incredibly important to authors who try to entertain the reader.

Marianne I did really enjoy it and I understand the placement and purpose of that sexual tension I just want them to rise above it🙄. Her marriage is lacking but he could have the happily ever after... I think you are quite talented and crafted a fascinating story.

Stephen B King I take that as very high praise indeed, and I thank you for saying that. Glimpse 2, Glimpse, The Beautiful Deaths is on Netgally in April to coincide with its April 10 release, and the finale in the trilogy is in editing now. I hope you finish the three books, and I'd love your opinion if you do on the relationship aspect. I won't give spoilers, but.........hold onto your hat in G3.

Marianne wrote: "I did really enjoy it and I understand the placement and purpose of that sexual tension I just want them to rise above it🙄. Her marriage is lacking but he could have the happily ever after... I thi..."

Marianne Sounds great! I will look forward to them!