Asha Seth's Reviews > Voice of The Soul

Voice of The Soul by Shreyans Kanswa

liked it
bookshelves: 2018, poetry, review-books

Originally reviewed on www.themusingquill.com

Reading ‘Voice of the Soul’ had me charged up with an altogether different experience. I was in the middle of a crowded early morning train on my way to work. After the initial verses, the environs around me started to change.

Suddenly, I started to wish that I was not being squeezed on both my sides by commuters, but sitting idle in a chair or perhaps, lounging by the window side. I wanted a view of rains to drape my somber mood rather than of unknown faces lost in oblivion. I wished I could have the wind rustling in my ears and flush out the bee-buzzing conversations around.

Through most part, this book had a profound effect on me. I was transported to a different place where it was just me, nestled in the lap of nature, reading the author’s musings on trees, winds, nature, mother earth, rains, etc or sometimes wistfully reminiscing soaked into his words on lovers, love, separation, etc.

The Review:

On the surface, this book is just the voice of his soul, but if you care to dive into the calm and swim through the ripples of his moods, you shall know it is a mine that holds together his eager curiosity under layers of lackadaisical introspection laced with careful observation. Things we have all gone through but never considered them in the same light.

Simplicity is what his words and thoughts are all about. But then, marring the reading experience is the rampant usage of such words as ebullient, somnambulist, nefarious, etc. which disrupt the poetic flow. While some poems stood out for me; in the message they attempted to convey, some felt point-blank weak to stir any emotion, at all. At the heart of the 61 verses, the author has tried to reach out to readers, perhaps, even create a recognition for himself. Whether he has succeeded in doing so, only you can tell.

Finally:

The best of the collection is this little piece that never left my mind; even though it’s been months I read it the first time.

Asha Seth

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Voice of The Soul.

December 12, 2018 – Started Reading
December 12, 2018 – Shelved
December 12, 2018 – Shelved as: 2018
December 12, 2018 – Shelved as: poetry
December 17, 2018 – Finished Reading
February 11, 2019 – Shelved as: review-books

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Prangyavit (new)

Prangyavit Sahu Fabulous. The review is in itself a master piece. I am too surprised, you are already connected with me through LinkedIn. And I got now why you are so amazing writer. Appreciate

Asha Seth Prangyavit wrote: "Fabulous. The review is in itself a master piece. I am too surprised, you are already connected with me through LinkedIn. And I got now why you are so amazing writer. Appreciate"

Thank you, my friend. It is a must try if you take pleasure in reading poetry. I did not know about the LI bit. I am glad nonetheless we are friends on GR. :)