Laura's Reviews > Killer Transaction

Killer Transaction by Catherine Bruns

I received this book for free. I voluntarily left this review and all opinions expressed herein are my own.

This is the first book in the Cindy York series. Cindy is a realtor who has been married for 18 years and has three children. She works to make extra income for her family. She works at a realty where the most successful realtor, Tiffany, steals her deal. Cindy has had enough and she needed that income so she calls Tiffany and leaves a nasty message. Sure enough, Cindy then finds Tiffany murdered at the realty office. Cindy is suspect number one on top of the fact that her MIL hates her, her twin boys get into a lot of mischief, and her poor husband is trying to keep Cindy and the family on an even keel. Ultimately, Cindy and her BFF Jacques decide to find the true killer to clear Cindy.

Cozy mysteries are all more or less the same -- what sets a cozy apart is the likeability of the main characters and the ability for that character to grow. I found this story to be fun with likeable characters in Cindy, Greg and Jacques. I was interested in Cindy and Greg's home life and their interactions with their kids and dog. I liked how Cindy was dealing with the community when she was accused of being a murderer. There were several humorous moments -- in particular, Cindy's job interview.

As I listened to this book -- the narrator, Amy Deuchler, did a very good job. She was the perfect voice for Cindy and set a great tone for this book. She used different voices for the various characters and it was easy to tell them apart. In this case, the narrator certainly added to the enjoyment of this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Killer Transaction.

December 12, 2018 – Started Reading