☆∞Love Frances∞☆'s Reviews > Daily Gifts of Grace: Devotions for Each Day of Your Year

Daily Gifts of Grace by Women of Faith

Jan 15, 2012

Read in February, 2012

I received "DAILY GIFTS OF GRACE: devotions for each day of the year" to review.
While I do not associate myself with any specific religion, I am spiritual.
I have learned about many different spiritual beliefs, and apply them to my life. It works for me.
I received this book in the mail from "THOMAS NELSON PUBLISHERS" via "BOOK SNEEZE" and their blogger program. They (Thomas Nelson) seem to be one of the leading publishers for
religious/Christian reading materials.
The book is quite pretty and has a really neat magnet that closes the flap. It also has a small ribbon attached as a place marker.
It appeals visually.
I read through a few different months to get an overall feel for the book and its message. I did not find it overly preachy, God was not jammed down my throat uncomfortably, there were were no messages of burning in Hell and a vengeful God striking down the sinners, etc.
That relieved me immensely. I have read such things before that were in the self help or similar section.
It is lighthearted, spiritual, and insightful. There is a Bible quote that accompanies each devotion. You don't have to look it up, it is an option. Although I assume most do look it up.
The writing itself was well constructed and easy to understand. I found no glaringly obvious grammar mistakes.
Some reviewers slammed the book for being too light and not in depth on the religious front. There are books like that out there, this book doesn't need that to make it good. Thankfully it is not intense, it would of scared me away.
If you're looking for a good, spiritual, light on the gloom and doom aspects of religion, insightful, relates to everyone, women's devotional, then this is the book for you.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Daily Gifts of Grace.