Julia's Reviews > Selected Unpublished Blog Posts of a Mexican Panda Express Employee

Selected Unpublished Blog Posts of a Mexican Panda Express Em... by Megan Boyle

Jan 15, 2012

it was ok
bookshelves: giveaways-first-reads
Read from February 26 to 27, 2012

I received this book for free from the goodreads first reads program.

I was excited when I saw this book on the giveaway page. I remember reading a review of this book that was pretty positive. Unfortunately I can't remember where I read it. Based on that review I entered the giveaway for this book. When I actually received the book in the mail, I was surprised. I did not realize that this is supposed to be a poetry book. Had I known that, I wouldn't have entered the giveaway. But since I had received it, I decided to read the book anyway.

Parts of the book are organized into fairly traditional paragraphs. Other parts read more like lists. With plenty of random thoughts thrown in.

It bothered me that the author did not use capital letters. If she was going to bother to use punctuation, why not use capitalization? I just don't care for poetry. Based on the other positive reviews of this book, I guess it does appeal to others, just not to me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Selected Unpublished Blog Posts of a Mexican Panda Express Employee.