Jeff Short's Reviews > God's Indwelling Presence: The Holy Spirit in the Old and New Testaments

God's Indwelling Presence by James M. Hamilton Jr.

bookshelves: biblical-studies, holy-spirit

Hamilton has given us an extensive look at the work of the Holy Spirit moving from the Old Testament to the New Testament. The precise nature of distinctions between the work of the Spirit in the old and new covenants is often debated. Hamilton did a good job interacting with Scripture and various views on the subject. I thought he treated both fairly. He mentions how his own views revised from the beginning of his study to the end of it. I think that humility characterized the whole book.

The book is a dissertation in book form. The presentation is academic, but he managed to still make it accessible. I would have like a little more spade work here and there. However, this is an excellent book for thinking about the work of the Spirit. You may not agree with all his conclusions, but the book will still be helpful in making distinctions and providing a framework for an orderly study.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read God's Indwelling Presence.

March 31, 2016 – Shelved (Kindle Edition)
March 31, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read (Kindle Edition)
Started Reading