Ashleigh's Reviews > Veggiestan: A Vegetable Lover's Tour of the Middle East

Veggiestan by Sally Butcher

bookshelves: books-i-own, cookery, veganism-vegetarianism

I bought my boyfriend this book for christmas and as I predicted he adores it. It is a hefty tome filled with vegetarian goodness and aromatic spices that will fill your home with their pungent aromas. The book is beautiful. The images large and pretty which is impressive considering the food is all middle eastern and filled with veg. It still manages to look fresh and clean and utterly appealing. I wanted to wait to review this until I had sampled some of the recipes but I could wait no longer. The food in this book is simple and delicious but also exciting and exotic. If you are the type of vegetarian or vegan who becomes kitchen pots become stagnant with the same meals on repeat I would highly recommend you grab a copy of this book and make it your bible. You will never be bored of cooking again. There are about two things in this entire wopping book I wont make/dont like the look of, the rest of the meals look absolutely delightful. Something for every occasion. Bring some spice into your life!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Veggiestan.

Started Reading