Trudy Dowling's Reviews > Her Pained Blue Silence: Indigo Knights Book V

Her Pained Blue Silence by A.J. Downey

F 50x66

Read 2 times. Last read January 22, 2019.

I finished this magnificent book earlier today. I needed to collect my emotions before I attempted to write a review. I must warn you this is going to be difficult to be "spoiler free" but I will do my best. I want to share to much of this touching story, but I want the reader to be surprised at the same time.

I had never heard of "Selective Mutism" until reading Everleigh's story. Side note--I think Everleigh is one of the most beautiful unique names that I have heard in quite some time. It fits the unique, beautiful, struggling young lady. Reading about this challenging anxiety condition gave me such a better insight into the struggles of others. I learned that we must all find and show compassion to become better people. I did warn you that my emotions were on overload right?????

Everleigh's situation made for a challenging, isolating life. She hopped on the first motorbike that would help her escape. Then she hopped on to another bike landing with a terrible 1% club, tied to the president with no way to escape. She became the fall guy, an example and an initiation.

Whiskey had been working his way up through the same club. It was time to prove himself or be killed. He died a little that day. He would do anything within his power to make amends, to be redeemed. He would save Everleigh if he could. He would make things right. All he had to was take down a dangerous MC.

Everleigh had to be protected. She was a victim. She was a witness. She was in extreme danger. As the danger increased, she would need to depend on the one person she could not trust, the one that acted without remorse, or so she thought.

Open the pages of Her Pained Blue Silence and open your heart. Hop on the back of Narcos' bike and enjoy the ride of the year. Live the rustic life, in a small cabin, and learn to accept, to trust, to rely on others as they rely on you. How could they not fall in love, after all I couldn't help but fall in love with Everleigh an Narcos (aka Whiskey).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Her Pained Blue Silence.

Started Reading