Ele's Reviews > Cash

Cash by Garrett Leigh

bookshelves: gay-book-reviews, lgbtq

I went into this with low expectations because the blurb didn’t really call to me. But it’s impossible for me to resist a Garrett Leigh book even when the subject matter doesn’t appeal to me a lot. Plus, I absolutely LOVED Lucky, the first book in the series. Well, there's a reason this author is in my top favorites. In the end I end up not only rooting for the couple, but I was also very invested in everything that was going down all around them.

Cash is packed with heart stopping action, romance and scorching hot steamy scenes. I usually prefer a slower build up but I have realized that I love it when Leigh starts off with a hook up and later on the MCs accidentally meet again and kick things off. This is exactly what happens in this book. The coincidence seemed a little far fetched but I rolled with it.

This is not a very angsty book compared with Leigh's other books, meaning that the MCs don't have a troubled background or a tragic past.

I admit I didn’t know much about the extent of illegal fox hunting in UK and the role of saboteurs who fight against it but it was perfectly explained, I had no problem following. The theme is like a third character, equally proportional to the romance. I liked that Cash and Rae weren't only attracted too each other, but they were also connected on a higher level which had to do with their beliefs.

Lucky and Dom are very present and play a big role in this story. I loved them even more here. Dom especially steps up and shows the kind of man he is.

I’m pretty excited for the third book. The excerpt was amazing.

Recommended!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cash.

December 10, 2018 – Shelved
December 10, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
January 2, 2019 – Started Reading
January 5, 2019 – Finished Reading
January 10, 2019 – Shelved as: gay-book-reviews
January 10, 2019 – Shelved as: lgbtq

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)

message 1: by Renée (new)

Renée The cover seems "lighter" than the heavy reads by Leigh. Let me know if this one is more my style.

message 2: by Ele (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ele Will do!

Cadiva Renée wrote: "The cover seems "lighter" than the heavy reads by Leigh. Let me know if this one is more my style."

It's lighter in so much as it's not the usual traumatic background MCs dealing with issues.

But it's not a light read imho no - the narrative surrounds fox hunting and saboteurs so it's complex and still contains angst but of a slightly different type.

message 4: by Renée (new)

Renée That actually sounds like it’d be better for me. I’ve avoided Leigh’s books because of the constant traumatic backgrounds. Thanks!

Cadiva Renée wrote: "That actually sounds like it’d be better for me. I’ve avoided Leigh’s books because of the constant traumatic backgrounds. Thanks!"

I think you'd be okay Renée, Cash does have something in his past but it's not trauma as such in the usual addiction, abuse etc type way.

message 6: by Ele (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ele Renée wrote: "That actually sounds like it’d be better for me. I’ve avoided Leigh’s books because of the constant traumatic backgrounds. Thanks!"

Well there you go!

message 7: by Ula'ndi (new) - added it

Ula'ndi Hart Garrett Leigh is awesome like that dear. So happy to hear you enjoyed it ;-)

message 8: by Ele (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ele Ula'ndi wrote: "Garrett Leigh is awesome like that dear. So happy to hear you enjoyed it ;-)"

She sure is! So damn talented. Thank you:)

message 9: by Cadiva (last edited Jan 10, 2019 11:52AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cadiva Fantastic review Ele!

I’m pretty excited for the third book. The excerpt was amazing.

All the yes to that bit ^^

message 10: by Ele (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ele Cadiva wrote: "Fantastic review Ele!

I’m pretty excited f..."

Τhanks dear. It was Isha right?

message 11: by Renée (new)

Renée So, do you think I'd like it?

message 12: by Ele (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ele Renée wrote: "So, do you think I'd like it?"

Ι think 3 stars for you.

message 13: by Renée (new)

Renée Eh, I’ll pass them.

Cadiva Ele wrote: "Τhanks dear. It was Isha right?..."

And Jude yus :) Seriously cannot wait for that one!

message 15: by Ele (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ele Same. Have we met Jude before?

Cadiva Ele wrote: "Same. Have we met Jude before?"

I don't think so, I didn't remember the name.

Optimist ♰King's Wench♰ YAYAYAY!!!! I was hoping Lucky & Dom would be in this one! Great news is great!

Excellent review, Ele! xx

Christelle Yeah, great review, Ele. I'm halfway through it and the odds are it's going to be a winner for me as well :-)

message 19: by Ele (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ele Optimist ♰King's Wench♰ & MANTIES Champion wrote: "YAYAYAY!!!! I was hoping Lucky & Dom would be in this one! Great news is great!

Excellent review, Ele! xx"

Oh they're very much here and they 're magnificent. And thank you<3

message 20: by Ele (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ele Christelle wrote: "Yeah, great review, Ele. I'm halfway through it and the odds are it's going to be a winner for me as well :-)"

Yes! That is great news!