Danet's Reviews > The Tale of Three Trees

The Tale of Three Trees by Angela Elwell Hunt

Jan 14, 2012

Read from January 14 to 17, 2012

I don't remember if I've read this book or not in the past, but the generally feeling I had while reading the book was extremely familiar. I felt as though I had read the story before. Considering that it talks about the life of Christ, a subject I'm very comfortable talking about, I suppose the affinity I felt with the book is understandable. In the story, the trees speak of their hopes and dreams. The first and second tree have theirs fulfilled in a bit of an unorthodox way, but they are able to instantly see the application to their dream. The third tree only wishes to stand firm and tall to remind people of the God who created her. Little did she know she would stand firm and tall as an eternal reminder to the world of God's love for us, but while lying in wait in a pile of lumber, the third tree had difficulty imagining her potential. I think this is very applicable to children, even if it is not in a religious setting. The story teaches a lesson of self-esteem and a willingness to give of yourself--two very important ideas children need to grow accustomed to.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Tale of Three Trees.