Monica Wells's Reviews > You Take It From Here

You Take It From Here by Pamela Ribon

Jan 14, 2012

bookshelves: my-favorites

When I woke up this morning I had a to do list, and I had determination to get it done. That was before I got my hands on this book. I started reading and immediately began to feel readers remorse, that feeling you get when you are reading a book so good, you know you are going to be sad when you finish it. I told myself to read slowly, I could drag this book out for weeks, keep it around like a visiting friend. Now it's midnight. I read every page, the laundry is still sitting in a pile and I am missing Danielle & Smidge, wondering where you have to go to meet a man like Tucker (apparently a small town air port), and seriously considering calling my best friend, just to tell her I love her, because goodness knows we don't say it enough. Pamela Ribon has really captured the intensity of friendship facing the uncertainty of illness, as well as the laughter and tears, and occasional fits of insanity that go along with it.

I won't call my best friend, because I know she loves me enough to answer, but in the morning I am going to call her and tell her about the new book she has to buy. I would loan her my copy, but I have a feeling I am going to want to read it again soon.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read You Take It From Here.