Curly Carla Celebrity Readers's Reviews > The Librarian

The Librarian by Christy Sloat

This book meets the wibbly wobbly time travel space requirement for #SFvFBingo being hosted by Curiosity Killed the Bookworm.

It seems like a great beginning but I kept losing focus and the storyline seemed to be too linear for me. It just felt a bit off and by the time I got to 30% I was no longer interested in what happened to the characters. So I had to put it down. Also, there seemed to be quite a few errors in the timeline.

Emme was in college for one year and studying to be a teacher, then she talked about being almost done with school when her grandma got sick. It takes longer to get a degree than 2 years.

Her best friend was a doctor already. When did they become friends? When she was 11? When she was in middle school? And when did she have time to be friends with her while going to medical school and doing her residency. Big time descrepancy here.

The time travel aspect was pretty cool but the characters weren’t developing quickly enough and we didn’t really know the why of the time traveling. The story just wasn’t going anywhere.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Librarian.

December 9, 2018 – Started Reading
December 9, 2018 – Shelved
December 10, 2018 –
page 15
5.62% "This book is mediocre but I want to see if it gets better."
December 10, 2018 –