Sean Higgins's Reviews > Roaring Lambs: A Gentle Plan to Radically Change Your World

Roaring Lambs by Bob Briner

bookshelves: art, culture, education, kindle

A friend recommended this book to me a few months ago and it really was worthwhile. It was first published in 1993, so there are more chapters that could be added now, but I appreciated Briner's encouragement for Christians to get out of boycotting and grumbling and into screenwriting (for movies and TV) as well as into journalism and other writing endeavors, along with visual arts and higher education. The biggest weakness, in my opinion, is that Briner doesn't root his exhortations in the deep soil of God's sovereignty over all the world, such as a Kuyperian would do. And I disagree with Briner that all of this is the church's job to manage, though the church should be equipping and encouraging Christian disciples to work, which, I agree with him, the church has not done well. As he said early in the book, "Almost nothing in my church or collegiate experiences presented possibilities for a dynamic, involved Christian life outside the professional ministry." That's a need that this book seeks to tackle.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Roaring Lambs.

December 8, 2018 – Started Reading